Blogger Tips – Instagram
Following on from last week’s tip for Facebook Pages, we are now sharing tips to increase followers and engagement on Instagram.
- Follow other Instagram users with a similar interest.
- Use Hashtags in your posts – use one or two in the main description and then if you have more to add, add them as a comment.
- Use Hashtags to find other people who post about the same thing.
- Use the same logo/image for your profile pic as you do on other social media
- Add a link to your blog in your “about me” description.
- Change the blog link to a specific post if you are running a competition or poll
- Make it real and about you – people prefer to see the real you
- #tbt (Throw Back Thursday), #bloggers #blogging are popular hashtags
- Instagram stories are a great way to share “a day in the life of” experiences
- Comment on other Instagram users’ images. Don’t just say “great pic” or “gorgeous”, make it clear you have read the story behind the photo too
- If your photo has a product in and you can tag the brand on Instagram, they often share the image on their timeline which can increase traffic to you and find you new followers
- Post consistently. Aim to post at least once a day.
- Use the featured post tool by putting a quote from your blog post into an image – making it easier for others to find the relevant post on your blog.
- Ask people to tag a friend if they know your image will resonate with them – it could be a pile of ironing or perhaps a shot at the beach with a “tag a friend you think would like to be here”
- Do your Facebook or Twitter followers know you are also on Instagram? Post a status so they know
- Share a link to your instagram account on your blog
- Share a link to your instagram account on your “about me” page
- There are numerous plugins or similar allowing you to share your instagram on your blog as you update it.
- Get acquainted with IFTTT and use it to share images from Instagram to Twitter and other social media.
- Try a quick video on Instagram, giving an insight into your reality.
Over to you
What works for you? Do you have a tip for using Instagram or maybe you have read an amazing post that had loads of helpful ideas, then please comment below so others who are looking for ideas can see them too.
Next week we will be looking at the different ways to use Pinterest to promote your blog. So don’t forget to sign up so you don’t miss a post.