Within the world of Disability, Special Educational Needs and/or Additional Educational Needs, there is a huge quantity of information, advice and tips but where do you find it? Often you find it when it is too late.
Here, we have decided to bring it all into one place. A place to share information, stories, the good times, the not so great times, a place to ask for advice, a place to pass on your top tips and a place to find out how to help yourself.
Our Community is split into districts:
- Advice & Support (law, advocacy, moving on, finance, vets, person centred planning, Transport, etc)
- Social Care
- Personal Development (stress management, diet, exercise, relaxation, training available, training required)
- Leisure (holidays, hotels, accessibility, theme parks, play, apps, games)
- Chat (a place to just chat with others who have been there, are there or will be there shortly)
- Head Office (contact us, feedback, visitors book, etc)
Within each district, the community is split into “buildings” (Law offices, The Sit Back Spa, But Camp), etc
You can register as a member and then see who else is a member, and “add friends”
You can see what your “friends” are posting about and where they are replying to questions
You can use “tags” within posts to link through to all posts with the same tag (eg. ASD, Health, CCG)
The ability to create your own groups will be coming shortly so you can set up a group relevant to you (e.g. by area, by disability, by interests).
This is your community, let us know what else you want in here.
Mum to three great kids, each with a different SEN.
Transplanted from the NW to the SE.
Co-founder and Director of Bringing Us Together