This event has now been cancelled
Please sign up for updates as we will be running online webinars with the workshop themes over the next few months. This will enable more people to access the workshops at a time convenient to them.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
*** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
Finding Your Way Conference
Bringing Us Together are delighted to announce our first Conference, in collaboration with Care Management Group. We are very grateful to CMG for their support and input so we can ensure that this Conference provides the quality and breadth of information that families need.
Care Management Group (CMG) was established in 1994 by a parent of a person with learning disabilities and since then our ethos has always been that the people we support and their families are at the heart of our organisation.
During the day, we will be holding a variety of workshops, allowing families (and practitioners) the opportunity to choose three of interest to them.
- Housing Options – what are the various options available for our young people. What is the difference between Supported Living, Independent Living and the variety of other options?
- Resilience – as a family, how do you bounce back when the system knocks you down?
- Mental Capacity Act/Deprivation of Liberty– what do these really mean in practice?
- Positive Behaviour Support – what is this and how can you use it in your family?
- PA recruitment – learn about how to use One Page Profile thinking to recruit the right PA
- Working Together – how can providers and families work together better to ensure the best for our children and young people?
- More to be confirmed in October